Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Is It Easter Yet?

Image courtesy of interflora
Easter is a time for eggs, chocolate, and community service. Even though Easter is still a week away, today I made fifty-four Easter baskets for the Christian Center. Yep! I did that all by myself. Just kidding, I had some help. I worked with a group called the National Charity League. It is a mother / daughter group who works with different charity groups. So, about ten girls and their moms came over to my house to make Easter baskets. Everyone was instructed to bring trinkets to put in the Easter baskets like pencils, stickers, bubbles, etc. And of course, the chocolate and fruit snacks.

All of our Easter baskets!

But before this whole event started my friend Elise came over to my house. Elise and I had been planning to make homemade ice cream for a few months, and we finally found a day where we both could. Elise came over, and we had a marvelous time making homemade vanilla ice cream with strawberries. It was quite delicious. Next, we made brownies, (the fudge-y ones, not the cake-y ones) but we are lame because we just made them from a box. But it was ok, because they were for the Easter-basket-making group anyways.

After Elise left, my mom and I began setting up all of the Easter basket trinkets, the food, and cleaning up the house. People began to arrive, and all of the girls started stuffing the Easter eggs with chocolate eggs and fruit snacks. After filling about one hundred Easter eggs, we all grabbed a basket and filled them until they were overflowing with the Easter goodies. 

Once we were finished, we ate the wonderful food I picked out. There was a fruit plate (but fresh fruit from the grocery store my mom cut right before which tastes a lot better than a tray that already has fruit cut on it that you buy at the grocery store) and a veggie plate with hummus (also freshly cut). But enough with the healthy food. We also had chex-mix (most people just picked out the M&Ms), which I made myself, and the yummy fudge-y, not cake-y brownies. YUM. That was the perfect combination of healthy and non-healthy foods.


The next day, I went with my mom and dropped off all of the Easter baskets at the Christian Center. They asked if they could take a picture of me with the baskets, and they put it on their Facebook page. I am now famous.

Yep. Famous. I mean there are eighteen likes and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment