Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Vegas

This week is spring break, and it is the first spring break I have been able to go out of town. Usually, the final gymnastics meet of the season falls the week of or the week after spring break, so I have to stay and train, but this spring break, my family went to Las Vegas. The whole point of this trip was my brother’s golf tournament. We were there for five days, and three of those days he had a tournament.

Vegas is a strange place. First of all, it is one of few states that gambling is legal. I don’t understand the point of gambling. I mean, you know you are not going to win. Well, actually, my mom put in one dollar and won ten dollars, but there is a very, very, very small chance of winning. But, no matter the slim chance, there are a lot of people who stay up ALL NIGHT gambling. The funny thing is, when my mom won ten dollars, my brother, who is in seventh grade, became obsessed. “Put in another dollar! Go to that machine that one looks good! You are going to win I can feel it!” He convinced her to put a dollar in every once in a while, so by the end of the trip only three of those ten dollars were left. When my brother is twenty-one, he should be banned from Vegas because I do not want him spending all of our money. 

The other weird thing about Vegas is how it is full of hotels that represent other countries. Like, they have the Eiffel Tower and a hotel to represent Paris, by why not just go to Paris? I guess I understand that it is a lot cheaper to go to Paris in Las Vegas than to Paris in France. But who started this idea of putting these representations in Vegas? 

Paris...Las Vegas

And of course, there are the clothes. I love just sitting down somewhere on the Strip and just watching people walk down the street and observe their outfits. My mom and I do this together, and it is quite entertaining. We will have competitions with each other to see who can find the craziest pair of shoes or the most interesting outfits.


I guess I ran out of space to right about my actual trip...but maybe you will hear about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment