Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

More Nerves

The very first track meet of the season is tomorrow. This is also my very first track meet ever. I know it is pretty obvious, but track is TOTALLY different than gymnastics. 
Here are a few of my reasons:

1. I have had practice for two weeks, and about two-thirds of us have no experience with track what-so-ever. With gymnastics, we had about nine months of training before the first meet. 

2. I have no idea what I will be running, along with everyone else. So I will find out at the meet. With gymnastics, you know what you will be competing two weeks in advance, at the very latest.

RUN! (that's me)
3. The coaches don’t know who you are. You could start talking to a coach about something you discussed the day before, and they don’t remember what you are talking about (this happened to me today). With gymnastics, at least with my team, the coaches know you as well as your parents do.

4. The team is HUGE. There are about one-hundred people on the track team, girls and guys. My gymnastics team only had ten people on it, all girls.

5. I am still clueless. I have no idea what the meet is going to be like, and what to do. With gymnastics, I knew every little detail there was to know. 

6. Everybody knows everybody, but not really. We all go to the same school, so I recognize most people on the team, but I don’t actually know them yet. With gymnastics, I knew my teammates so well, it was like they were my sisters.

Luckily, some of my friends on the team will be there so we can be clueless together!

2 comments:

  1. Too bad I'm not a gymnast, but I am a track person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty new at track, and I was super nervous for the first meet for the same reasons!

    ReplyDelete