Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Track and Time

Track is five days a week after school. As I mentioned earlier, I have no idea what I am doing, so today I decided to go with the sprinters. We warmed up inside, then went outside to the track. After running, we did some abs. I know this is weird, but I LOVE ABS. Anyways we had a plank competition. Everyone had to hold plank for thirty seconds, then it was a competition to see who could hold it the longest. I don’t mean to brag or anything…(cough, yes I do, cough)…but I won! I held plank for six minutes and fifty-four seconds. Being a gymnast definitely came in handy.

The rest of the week consisted of indian sprints, stairs, starts, mat runs, ankles, and more abs. On Thursday, I also decided to try hurdles. Hurdles are usually for tall people….but….wait for it…. I was not the shortest one there (I need a clapping emoji)! We didn’t actually jump over the hurdles, but we did a bunch of drills. There were about six of us who decided to try hurdles, and all of us were new to them. It was nice that I was not the only clueless one there.

Image courtesy of tmelero.com

Gymnastics took up twenty-four hours of my week. The rest of my time was spent going to school, doing homework, and sleeping. That’s about it. Now, about ten of those twenty-four hours a week are spent doing track. That leaves me with fourteen hours left. This leaves me plenty of time to do homework AND watch T.V.. WHAT IS THIS WORLD!? To blow your mind even more, on Friday, I was an actual teenager. If you are a gymnast, you know what it is like. You have VERY little social life. On this day, Ali, Daisy and I did not go to track because the honors chemistry placement test for next year was at the same time. When we finished the test, the three of us went to The Mine Bouldering Gym in Kimball Junction. After climbing for about an hour and a half, we walked over to Cafe Rio (I need the heart eyed emoji because it is delicious!). We ran into two other friends and the five of us ate dinner together. It was so fun! AND THEN to add to this day, my friend Jamie from gymnastics came to my house. We played board games, ate pizza, and watched Despicable Me in Spanish. I would say this was another successful week.

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya with the sad gymnastics feels bro

    ReplyDelete