Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Miracle Day

When most people think of a “miracle day” they would think about their dreams coming true. Well, for my gymnastics team, we refer to miracle day as a fantastic gift from our coaches. We have these miracle days only once or twice a year, so for us, it’s kind of a big deal. Even though there is not some astounding phenomenon on miracle day, you could still say my dreams are coming true.

Today just so happened to be one of those sensational miracle days, and it was the most productive day I have had at gymnastics all week. First of all, it is a school break, so there were only four other girls who were at practice. We worked out with some of the younger girls in a lower level, and there were only five of them today. We had three coaches for ten girls, and because of the holiday weekend, other classes were canceled, so we were the only people in the whole gym. You could say this is a miracle, but I haven’t even gotten to the actual concept of “miracle day”.

Miracle day at Black Diamond is where you get to do whatever you want for the entire day. No assignments, no coaches telling you what to do, and no time limit (except the end of gym of course). I was able to focus on what I wanted to improve on, and there was nothing in my way.


Working on floor!


This miracle day was even better than most because like I said before, there were very few people there. Since we could do whatever we wanted, everyone was scattered throughout the gym, which meant more space for me! On vault and floor, I was the only one using the equipment and space I required, and on bars and beam I had more equipment than I needed. I had two whole bar sets and three beams available. I was truly able to focus on myself and my skills. The best part of miracle day was that I improved on some aspect of each event. I left with a great feeling of confidence and hope I can take this into future workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment