Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Meet Jitters

Today was my first competition of the season. Isn’t it a little late for season to start? Well, I have not been competing this year, and was not planning on competing at all, but at the last minute I decided to compete at this local meet. The meet today was in Lindon, Utah, about an hour away. It was a smaller meet, but it was nice to start off my season. But being the first meet, I had a lot of meet jitters. The night before I literally went to sleep at 8:45, knowing I would be awake super early. And I was right, I woke up at 5:30. On a Saturday. Because of this, I had seven hours until my meet. Seven hours for me to fret. Seven hours to freak myself out. The time dragged on. And on. And on. And on.

Post-Meet Dinner

So, after everyone competed, we went out to dinner. My team goes to this same meet every year, so we have continued a tradition. This was the fifth year in a row that after the meet my team and I went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner. Buca Di Beppo is a family size, Italian restaurant. It is flat out my favorite restaurant. Ever. I have so many memories there and the food is delicious. Other than the food itself, I love the ambiance of the restaurant. It is old fashioned with red carpet floors, red and white checkered table cloths, old black and white pictures all over the walls, and unique statues. There is something new to see everywhere you look. 

Image Courtesy of Hispanic Lifestyle


To split between eight girls, we ordered three pasta dishes and a salad. Now maybe you can imagine just how big the portions are. Eight teenage girls who just did gymnastics for about four hours...we were pretty hungry. We didn't even finish any of the pastas! Everything was delicious! This trip to Buca Di Beppo is so special to me, it was all I thought about the whole month before the meet, making sure everyone knew the plan. So concluding the day with the tradition of Buca Di Beppo with my team was something to distract myself throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment